Friday, March 9, 2012

CHRW Meet The Member:

Marilyn & Joe Nichols
Marilyn Wigglesworth

How long have you been a member of Celtic Hearts?
I've been a member since October 2010.

In what genre do you prefer to write and why?
I prefer to write Paranormal Romance, Celtic and American Indian historical romance. I feel very connected to these genres for several reasons. One reason why I prefer these genres is because I believe in reincarnation and past lives which are great story inspirations. My second reason is my love for learning about all things metaphysical and paranormal.

Paranormal Romances become my metaphysical playground where all things impossible, not only become possible, they become probable too.

I follow an American Indian spiritual path which is the inspiration for my American Indian historical romance WIP’s.

I have Celtic ancestors from Scotland and Ireland. I’ve never had the privilege to meet. Writing Celtic historical romances I feel connected to these ancestors. I’d like to think some of my ancestors many have been heroes and/or heroines of their time period.

Who are some of your favorite authors?
Sherrilyn Kenyon, Christine Feehan, Anya Bast, Karen M. Moning, Donna Grant, Karen Kay/Gen Bailey, several of my CHRW clan family and the list goes on and on.

Do you have any pets?
I have a beautiful 10 year old Golden Retriever named Nala. Yes, after Nala in the Lion King. Also, we have a 4 year old bichon named Tim McGraw. Actually, Tim belongs to my daughter, Jenni and yes, she named him after her favorite country music artist, Tim McGraw. Although, he acts more like a Blake Shelton more than a Tim McGraw… LOL

House breaking Tim was quite interesting. I never thought I’d say the sentence “Jenni, Tim McGraw just lifted his leg and peed on the kitchen floor!” LOL

If you could have any super hero power, what would it be?
The super hero power I’d like to possess is to manipulate my matter. LOL…aka teleportation. I would love to be able to “pop in” on family and friends that live far away when they need me or for a visit, or just for a hug. We’ve all had those days. Then I could “pop out” at my leisure when the visit is complete or the crisis has been resolved.

Bi-location would be cool too. But I’m going to stick with teleportation. My life gets crazy busy enough that I feel like I meet myself coming and going. Having the super power to bi-locate could literally make that possible. Haha

15 comments:

Victoria Roberts said...

Nice to meet you, Marilyn. That is so cute to have Nala as your Golden and even more hysterical is the fact you have Tim McGraw.

Will you be adding a Faith Hill to that mix soon? ;-)

Renee Vincent said...

Love this pic of you and Joe, Mare! You are such a lucky woman!

Great interview sweetie! So proud to say I know you. Thanks for being the best co-PR Chairperson with me. I couldn't do this without you.

Pat McDermott said...

Hi Marilyn! I like your creative writing philosophy, and your ideas about teleportation. I'd like to be able to do that too. Would save tons on air fare :-) Nice to learn more about you!

Chicks of Characterization said...

It was great getting to know you Marilyn!

~Andrea

Dawn Marie Hamilron said...

Hi, Marilyn. It's so nice to learn more about you and to put a face to a name on email. :) I like the reincarnation aspect found in some paranormals. Fascinating.

Clancy said...

Good to know more... I'm with you on the teleportation thing!

Paisley Kirkpatrick said...

How nice to spend time with you today, Marilyn. Love your dog stories and having Tim McGraw living in your house. :)

I believe in reincarnation as well because my ancestors have definitely stepped in and helped me with some of my plot lines. First time I read work my great, great grandmother wrote, I was stunned to see my words were the same as hers. She wrote a story of her travels from the east to San Francisco and everything was the same with our plot and words in one section.

derekd said...

Hey, Marilyn. It is good to get to know you. I've also spent a significant amount of time on a Native American spiritual path. Unfortunately, I lost access to much of it when I moved from Okla. Nice to read about someone pursuing and writing about that culture.

I wish you luck with your writing.

Marilyn ~ wiggiemd said...

Hi everyone!
Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment.

It's nice to meet all of you!

Marilyn ~ wiggiemd said...

Hi Victoria,
No plans in the near future for Faith Hill joining the family. We did have 3 birdies, named Jack, Will and Barbosa...we love pirates...teehee

Marilyn ~ wiggiemd said...

Renee, You're a doll! I'm glad you like my pix with Joe, it's one of my favorites!

You're the best co-PR Chairperson to work with, I'm so glad we're partnered up. :)

Marilyn ~ wiggiemd said...

Pat,
I'm glad to hear you like my creative writing philosophy, and your ideas about teleportation. Yes, it would save so much on airfare. Don't think the airlines would be too happy about it. :-)


Andrea,
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. The featured member is such a great way to get to meet our members.


Dawn,
Thanks for all the RT's on Twitter. I like the reincarnation concepts too.


Clancy,
Thanks for stopping by, reincarnation is a fun idea to write about.

Marilyn ~ wiggiemd said...

Paisley,
Wow! How amazing and wonderful to hear about your great, great grandmother! Thanks for sharing the story with us. I love when things like that happen!

Marilyn ~ wiggiemd said...

Hey Derek,
Nice for you to stop by and leave me a comment. It's wonderful to hear about someone else following an American Indian spiritual path. I'm so sorry to hear you've lost connection since you moved. I hope you can find someone to connect with in your area.

I've been preparing for vision quest all year! The closer it gets to quest time, the more excited I get! If I can't go out on the land because of health reasons, I'll at least be there to support and pray for others.

Sophie Moss said...

So nice to get to know you better! I love that you have a dog named Tim McGraw. We have a yellow lab named Martha Stewart. Naming dogs after famous people is hilarious. :)